Are you the parent of a preschooler?
If you’ve got kids between the ages of three and five, you’re probably on the hunt for ways to keep them engaged and entertained.
Podcasts are a great way to do that.
They’re screen-free, accessible from any smart device, and there’s something for every age group — little ones included.
Do you like the idea of podcasts, but wonder where they actually fit into your routine?
If that’s you, read on. We’ve got a preschool parent’s practical guide to implement Pinna audio at any time of day.
Let’s get started.
How Parents of Preschoolers can Add Pinna Audio to their Daily Routines
- Listen to a song from an album like Mixie’s La-La-La-Letters during teeth brushing time. It makes the perfect timer.
- Play an episode of Mother Tongue or Eat Your Spanish while your child eats breakfast for a little language learning.
- Start your day with a laugh by listening to a HiLL-LaRRy-uS Joke of the Day.
- Listen to an episode of Noodle Loaf in the car on the way to school to learn all about music fundamentals in a way that is interesting and engaging to the littlest learners.
- Work through big emotions with episodes of Daytime Explorers. The episodes are under 10 minutes and perfect for listening to while helping your child get dressed.
- If you’re doing any preschool learning at home, listen to one episode of Quentin and Alfie’s ABC Adventures a week. It’s a great way to supplement your letter curriculum.
- Play an episode of Julie’s Library during lunch. Food always pairs well with a story. And there’s no better storyteller than Julie Andrews.
- Listen to an episode of Sarah and Duck on the way home from school. These sweet, short stories encourage creativity and teach important problem-solving skills.
- Molly and the Sugar Monster has short episodes that are perfect for afternoon snack time. Bonus: this podcast encourages healthy eating habits!
- Get your kids up and moving to release some energy with Hey Story Go! – especially great when stuck indoors.
- Take a moment out of your day to teach mindfulness with Relax and Be Happy.
- A song from any of the They Might Be Giants albums is the perfect length for a two-minute toy pickup. (Hint: they also sing the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song and Hot Dog Song so you know your kids are gonna love ‘em!)
- Play an episode of Dirt Girl’s Nature Academy in lieu of your afternoon story time once or twice per week. Fun science lessons ftw!
- Gather the family for meal prep and listen to a story together — something episodic like Piper and the Dots will be fun for everyone and give you all something to look forward to each night.
- Listen to any of Pinna’s upbeat albums for some fun mood music during dinner.
- Turn on Kid Wash during bath time
- A two-minute episode of The Ballad of Phineas McBoof or The Return of Phineas McBoof is the perfect length for brushing teeth before bed.
- Play an episode of Bedtime Explorers or Peace Out each night to help your child wind down from the day.
- Give your voice a rest and let Pinna take over the bedtime story once in a while with sweet stories from Mr. Poggle and Scamp.
We’re all ears!
How will you add podcasts to your preschooler’s routine? We’d love to hear from you! Find us on all our social platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest – or email us at email@example.com.