Are you a teacher or homeschool parent looking to supplement your curriculum with awesome audio?
We’re producing a series for educators showing you how it’s possible to teach almost ANY subject with Pinna. In today’s post, we’re breaking down how you can teach science with Pinna.
* Pro tip: when you see an asterisk, it signals that there are complementary extension activities and printable worksheets in the educator resource section of the Pinna website.
How to Teach Almost ANY Subject With Pinna: Part 3 — Science
- For younger kiddos, Savvy and WonderHair is an engaging show where kids get to solve mysteries and learn science along the way. Kids get to don the detective’s hat as Detective Savvy and work alongside Detective WonderHair and the robot, Bubbles, to uncover clues and find answers.
- “We have nothing to fear except fear itself.” These wise words were originally shared during Franklin D. Roosevelt’s 1933 inaugural address. Though his speech was inspiring, many of us certainly have very real fears that affect our daily lives — our kids have their own sets of fears and worries too. Knowledge is power and learning about what we’re afraid of is one way to conquer those fears. Listen to episodes of Phobia Chat and discuss the science behind fear with kids to help them get a better grasp on the things they’re afraid of.
- Animal science is an intriguing topic for kids of all ages. Learn about different species in the animal kingdom with Kyle and Rosie the Hamster in Kyle’s Wild World*. Featuring a wide array of guest stars, Kyle and Rosie share fun facts and funny jokes that will have your kids rolling with laughter. Want more of Rosie’s hilarious antics? Check out Hamster Hot Takes too.
- Want to get your kids excited about science? All you have to do is step outside. Often, nature is life’s best teacher. Discover the Forest* builds on this already established premise by creating stories around different outdoor locations all over the US. Follow the Velez family on an epic summer adventure as they explore many of our country’s most incredible sites.
- Looking to cover a specific subject? Check out 5 for 5 Trivia. These bite-size episodes are short enough to keep your kids engaged and long enough to teach them a few new facts on a whole slew of interesting topics. Whether you’re learning about dinosaurs, dogs, vehicles, or anything else you can dream up, there is probably an episode (or three!) for you. If you want more, check out 5 for 5 Trivia: Name 5 and 5 for 5 Trivia: Top 5.
- If you have a dino-lover at home, you’re probably already familiar with the iconic Dinosaur Train name. Dinosaur Train teamed up with Pinna to create a one-of-a-kind audio show that holds all the appeal of the original TV series with the added benefit of giving developing eyes and brains a break from screens. Listen to all new episodes of Dinosaur Train: Ride Along Adventures and learn about these fascinating prehistoric creatures with Buddy, Tiny, Shiny, Don, the Conductor, and many more of your child’s beloved dinosaur friends.
Pinna is an excellent tool for screen-free learning and fun all year round. Keep your kids engaged and entertained with Pinna’s comprehensive and growing library.
We’re all ears!
What is your favorite way to teach science with the Pinna app? We’d love to hear from you! Find us on all our social platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest – or email us at email@example.com.