Pi Day is just around the corner (no, not that kind of pie, sadly).
Pi Day is the day we celebrate all things math-y.
March 14th = 3/14 = 3.14 (aka the short version of pi!)
If you want to give your kids a quick lesson — or give yourself a quick refresher — on what pi actually is, check out this quick tutorial from Math Is Fun.
If you’d like to dig a little deeper, or learn more about Pi Day’s history, check out this great article here.
Though we're celebrating numbers, the fun play on words is the perfect time for retailers to share in our national love of pie.
Thrillist has compiled a huge list of all kinds of pie — pizza pie included! — free on March 14th.
Who doesn't love free food!?
Now, along with free pie, check out our list of numbers-themed podcasts and audiobooks to celebrate Pi Day with your kiddos.
Without further ado, let’s jump in.
Celebrate Pi Day With These Fun Podcasts, Audiobooks, And Albums All About Math
- Chicka Chicka 1-2-3 by: Bill Martin Jr., Michael Sampson & Lois Ehlert
- Emily’s First 100 Days of School by: Rosemary Wells
- Five Little Penguins Slipping on the Ice by: Steve Metzger
- Lemonade in Winter: A Book About 2 Kids Counting Money by: Emily Jenkins & G. Brian Karas
- Sam and the Lucky Money by: Karen Chinn
- Infinity and Me by: Kate Hosford
- Inch by Inch by: Leo Lionni
- If You Made a Million by: David M. Schwartz
- Over in the Meadow by: John Langstaff
We’re all ears!