Happy April Fool’s Day — any silly tricks up your sleeve?
Fun fact: the first day of April is also the start of National Humor Month!
The timing couldn’t be better for the Pinna Original podcast, One Small Act, to debut its April episode covering the topic of “humor”.
Below, we’re going to talk a bit about One Small Act and then share 30 funny jokes to check out when you and your kids need a laugh.
Before we do, here’s an insightful article featuring Amy Kraft, Pinna’s Director of Development and Children’s Programming, on how to cultivate your child’s sense of humor.
Listen To April’s Episode Of One Small Act — Humor
The Pinna Original podcast, One Small Act, highlights twelve attributes of kindness. While kindness is a broad topic, the attributes discussed in each episode take the concept and make it easy to grasp for young listeners.
April’s episode shines the spotlight on humor.
Why is humor so important when it comes to showing kindness?
The answer is simple…laughter is medicine for the soul.
To celebrate April Fool’s Day and National Humor Month, we’ve rounded up 30 hilarious jokes to share with your kids — one for every day of the month.
Let’s get started.
30 Kid-Friendly Jokes For National Humor Month
1. What do you call a boomerang that won’t come back?
- A stick.
2. What’s the best way to throw a birthday party on Mars?
- You planet.
3. Why did the toddler toss butter out the window?
- So she could see a butter-fly.
4. Why are sports stadiums always so cool?
- They’re filled with fans.
5. Why couldn’t the pony sing a lullaby?
- She was a little horse.
6. What does a cloud wear under its raincoat?
7. How does a cucumber become a pickle?
- It goes through a jarring experience.
8. What did one toilet say to the other?
- You look a bit flushed.
9. How do you get a squirrel to like you?
- Act like a nut.
10. What do you call two birds in love?
11. How does the ocean say hello?
- It waves.
12. What’s a tornado’s favorite game to play?
13. Why did the kid cross the playground?
- To get to the other slide.
14. Where do cows go on date night?
- To the moo-vies.
15. What do you call a bear with no teeth?
- A gummy bear.
16. What do you call a fly without wings?
- A walk.
17. Why did the man run around his bed?
- Because he was trying to catch up on his sleep.
18. What do you call an alligator in a vest?
- An investigator.
19. Why did the picture go to jail?
- It was framed.
20. What can you catch but not throw?
- A cold.
21. What do you get when you cross a snail with a porcupine?
- A slowpoke.
22. What do you call a dog that can tell time?
- A watchdog.
23. What kind of tree can fit in your hand?
- A palm tree.
24. Did you hear about the rancher that had 97 cows in his field?
- When he rounded them up, he had 100.
25. What do you call a line of rabbits jumping backwards?
- A receding hare-line.
26. Why can’t you tell a joke to an egg?
- Because it might crack up.
27. Why did the teddy bear skip out on dessert?
- She was stuffed.
28. Why did the chocolate chip cookie go to the doctor?
- He felt crummy.
29. What do you call a really sad strawberry?
- A blueberry.
30. What are a frog’s favorite shoes?
- Open-toad sandals.
A laugh a day is the perfect way to put a spring in your step this April.
Share the jokes above with your kids and be sure to check out the newest episode of One Small Act on Pinna.
We’re all ears!
What’s your favorite kid-friendly joke? We’d love to hear from you! Find us on all our social platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest – or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.