Teachers are some of the most instrumental people in our children’s lives.
And they come in all forms — classroom teachers, tutors, coaches, music instructors, scout leaders, and more. The saying “it takes a village to raise a child” certainly rings true.
Teachers pour into our kids week in and week out, giving of their time and energy and asking nothing in return. And our kids are better for it in the end.
We know this, yet teachers don’t always get the recognition they deserve. Let’s remedy that.
Today, we’re sharing 35 inspiring quotes to encourage the educators in your child’s life.
35 Encouraging Quotes On Education For Teachers
- “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “I cannot teach anybody anything; I can only make them think.” — Socrates
- “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.” — Colleen Wilcox
- “I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” — Robert Frost
- “Education is not the filling of a pot but the lighting of a fire.” — W. B. Yeats
- "The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character — that is the goal of true education." — Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” — John Dewey
- “What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to a human soul.” — Joseph Addison
- “The future belongs to those who see the beauty in their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” — B. B. King
- “Change is the end result of all true learning.” — Leo Buscaglia
- “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” — Malcolm X
- “Nine-tenths of education is encouragement.” — Anatole France
- “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” — Mark van Doren
- “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” — Confucious
- "Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together." — Scott Hayden
- "It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." — Albert Einstein
- “One child, one teacher, one book, and one pen can change the world." — Malala Yousafzai
- “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” — Margaret Mead
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” — Nelson Mandela
- “They may forget what you said but they will not forget how you made them feel.” — Carl Buechner
- “Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids to work together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.” — Bill Gates
- "Education doesn't just make us smarter. It makes us whole." — Jill Biden
- “The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.” — C. S. Lewis
- "The fact that you worry about being a good teacher, means that you already are one." — Jodi Picoult
- “Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.” — Joyce Meyer
- "A well educated mind will always have more questions than answers." — Helen Keller
- "Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch." — Judy Blume
- “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” — Aristotle
- "Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best." — Bob Talbert
- "A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops." — Henry B. Adams
- "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away." — Pablo Picasso
- “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.” — Phil Collins
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” — Anne Frank
Whether you’re an educator or someone whose life has been positively impacted by a teacher, you know the quotes shared above ring true. Let’s uplift those who selflessly dedicate their lives to inspiring our future generation.
Check out Pinna’s educational resource section and roundup of ideas to help teachers fund a classroom subscription!
We’re all ears!