Sick days….they happen to the best of us.
Little ones who aren’t feeling well need extra love and cuddles. And a good book never hurts.
When our kids wake up with a sick tummy or the sniffles, we want to encourage them to rest. Snuggling up with a good story is a wonderful solution.
It’s time to break out the books.
Ready to give your voice a rest? If you are, audiobooks are your friend (Pinna to the rescue!).
Below, we’re sharing 3 funny and sweet stories for sick days — and all of them can be found on the Pinna platform with your subscription.
3 Calming Stories For Kids Home Sick From School
From enormous sneezes to gigantic wails, the outrageous antics of these mischievous ailing dinosaurs will strike a chord and bring a smile to any child or grown-up who has ever sniffed, snuffled, coughed or ached.
Camilla Cream loves lima beans, but she never eats them. Why? Because the other kids in her school don't like them. And Camilla Cream is very, very worried about what other people might think of her.
Amos McGee was a zookeeper who always made time for his animal friends. This is a gently humorous tale of friendship and dedication.
Want some more screen-free ideas to keep your kids entertained when they’re feeling under the weather?
Here are a few!
- Print out a coloring sheet (or ten!) from Crayola and let your little one color the day away.
- Build a cozy fort and snuggle up inside with snacks and a good story.
- Sit outside and soak up the fresh air and sunshine.
- Board games are your best friend for sick days — they keep kids’ brains engaged while their bodies are able to rest.
- Challenge your kiddo to build an entire city of blocks.
- When all else fails, there’s nothing wrong with taking a nap!
Pinna’s audio library is extensive and offers something for everyone. The booklist above will give you an excellent starting point when your little one is home sick and wants to hear a story.
We’re all ears!